For the majority of families, buying a home is the largest financial decision they will make in their lives. Think about it…
We make food and clothing decisions routinely which may represent an hour’s income. Furniture and appliance decisions reach into the range of weeks’ income. Picking out a new car may result in a four or five year loan, but the purchase price is expressed in months’ income. On this scale, buying a home is expressed in multiple YEARS of income.
I often find people do not fully understand the process – from down payment requirements to effectively searching for a home to understanding the contract process all the way to closing.
There are many steps and sub-steps along the way. My job as a Realtor is to help people successfully navigate the process. Much like a fishing guide, I help you get equipped, find the right spot and get the fish in the boat. Great Realtors also know how to help you clean and prepare the catch for maximum enjoyment.
The major steps and the primary substeps are:
- PAST – Credit Scores & History
- PRESENT – Cash on Hand for Down Payment & Closing Costs
- FUTURE – Lifestyle and goals – this will help determine type of housing, location and price range.
• THE SEARCH
- REALTORS – Finding a Realtor to help you navigate the process.
- SEARCH – Websites, Listings & Mobile Apps
- VALUE – Market, Comps & Condition
• MAKING IT YOURS!
- VALUE – Determining the Amount of Your Offer
- OFFER – The Offer Contract
- NEGOTIATION – The Negotiation Process
• FROM ACCEPTANCE TO CLOSING
- INSPECTIONS – Inspections, Experts & Varying Opinions
- DOCUMENTS – What IS All this Stuff in my Email?
- UNDERWRITING – Bringing It In For a Landing
• THE CLOSING
- WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE & WHY – What to Expect at a Closing
- FUNDING & KEYS – How (and When) Does It End?
- MOVING DAY – It’s Only Just Begun!
Follow my blog and watch the category ADVENTURES IN HOME BUYING as I begin to detail the steps on the path to home ownership.
HELPING YOU MAKE YOUR NEXT GREAT MOVE!