The National Association of Realtors has released the results of a poll of recent home buyers. One of the interesting questions dealt with what updates are most commonly performed within the first few months of home ownership.
A total of 53% of buyers made improvements to their homes within the first 90 days.
- 41% updated lighting fixtures.
- 37% updated the kitchen appliances.
- 34% made improvements to landscaping.
- 32% installed hardwood floors.
Of those who made updates…
- 9% spent in excess of $25,000.
- 37% spent between $5000 and $25,000.
- 54% spent less than $5000.
Even buyers seeking a “move-in ready” home commonly make improvements to truly make the home their own. What improvements would you expect to make after your next home purchase?
- Bobby Fletcher – Kennerly Properties
- Helping You Make Your Next Great Move